10.29.2007

Happy News

After a few weeks out of the country, I am back and ready to update again. There's not much to update on the Otts, but I do have big news from the Sheets Family. My little brother Landon is engaged! He proposed last weekend in Sedona, and I was lucky enough to go along to take pictures of the BIG SURPRISE! Whitney was completely surprised by the proposal itself, and even more shocked when we walked into my house and found her parents, my parents, and two of my sisters in teh living room. Way to go Landon! We all had a great weekend celebrating, and can't wait to celebrate with the whole of our families next summer! Here's a picture of the happy couple.

Nate is still working his tail off in Iraq. He is learning a lot about a lot of things, including how to survive on almost no sleep. It seems like things are looking better in Iraq in general. The rate of violence has dropped in the past few weeks. We are still praying for victory in Iraq so that all of our men and women can come home.

It's been six months since Nate left, so we're half way there...almost. I'm counting the days until we see each other for Nate's mid tour in South Africa. He'll be home the first of May. This year deployment thing is not easy. The missing each other is the hardest thing, but there are other things that are difficult too. Things like trimming trees, pulling weeds, taking out the trash, cleaning the floors, making coffee in the morning. Having Nate gone makes me realize how many things he does around here. Things just aren't as easy, or as much fun, without him here.

3 comments:

Staci said...

The picture of Landon & Whitney is sooooo good!!! Did you take that? I love the lighting :)

I'm still praying for you. I can't imagine how hard it is to be apart for so long!

Shannon Burton said...

So excited for Landon and Whitney!! You are a fab photographer, girl.
Praying hard for you and Nate. 6 months down is a great mile-marker. You guys can do this. You are both fighters and I know it will be an amazing part of your testimony in the future. Miss you sweet friend...

Kelli said...

Happy, happy news! I'm sure everyone if excited... You and Nate are so awesome, you're doing great! Let me know if you will be in town anytime soon. Miss you, Kelli