4.10.2007

Senator McCain and the cheap seats

Last night was the Arizona Diamondbacks' opening day game and Nate's squadron was in charge of the annual fly-by. Nate didn't fly, but got to walk around in his flight suit getting saluted by people who either thought he was in one of the jets or simply appreciate his service. We were invited to a corporate suite where we were lucky enough to meet John McCain. He's short. It was nice being in the suite. We appreciated the invitation and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. But I have to say a ballgame just isn't the same when you're not among the masses. We plan to go to another game when my brother Ben is here in a couple of weeks. We'll sit in the cheap seats and have a dog and a coke. Then I'll feel like I've been to the ballpark.

7 comments:

Kara said...

i agree. i good baseball game is spent in the cheap seats enjoying a ballpark frank!
that is great that ben is visiting yall soon. he will have a blast!

Kara said...

John McCain huh. Pretty cool. Ben's gonna have a great time out there. You and Nate are great with kids.

ZACH

Candy said...

I am so excited to have found your blog!! How fun is this? Also, I couldn't agree more - baseball - crowds - hot dogs - it's the best. Of course, I haven't had the opportunity to sit in a suite so I'm not realllly sure. But, yeah, I think I'd like the cheap seats the best. People watching after all is a huge part of the whole game experience. We love the BOB.

Kara said...

by the way, you should scroll down to your HOA blog and read the comments. until the boys arrive, we really have too much time on our hands.

Unknown said...

Terah, I stumbled across your blog and am really excited that I did! I miss you! I hope everything is going well! Congratulations to your husband for his promotion, and how fun to get to meet John McCain. I am not necessarily the hugest fan, but it really would be fun to meet him! Love you lots!

By the way, I guess I am technically outing myself for anonymously reading your brother and sister-in-law's blog (on occasion - not stalker like, I promise), but I guess I sort of feel like I know them better than I do because Phyllis T. was always talking about them to us when we lived in Abilene. : )

Unknown said...

Oh, and this is Kate (Barclay), just in case you were wondering who I am. I have a blog too. The address is www.katya0026.blogspot.com. Mostly I just post pictures of the boy though, so I can't promise interesting.

Staci said...

Terah,
I'm glad you found my blog...and left your address!!! I love the blogging world! It's so fun to keep up with old friends :)

I'm so sorry for you loss of Tyler. Your post had me in tears. You did make me laugh again when I read your comment about John McCain..."He's short." lol! Never knew that!

Love ya!!! - Staci