What a month this has been! Two weeks ago the Ott house was fairly quiet, with me preparing for finals and Nate doing his job as Chief of Scheduling at Luke AFB. A week ago today, we received work that there was a position for Nate in Iraq. This news turned our lives into a whirlwind as we completed the never-ending "deployment checklist" and spent hours running errands, doing paperwork, picking up new uniforms and packing his bags for a whole year in Iraq. And now the house is quiet again (though a little messy from the chaos). I have not taken any finals, and have no idea what the next year holds for me. Nate and I both wait expectantly for the blessings that will flow from this year. Nate's job will be challenging and interesting - and relatively safe. He will be in Baghdad working as an executive for a top commander there. Please pray for his work there, for his safety, and for both of us as we miss one another terribly. Pray that Iraq will find stability so that all troops can return home soon. And pray that my spirit will be calm and not frantic with worry for Nate. I will continue to blog, and will keep everyone updated on how Nate is doing. If you would like his address, please let me know.
5.07.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I think I have done enough freaking out for both of us! Possibly the ONLY "plus" of this: We (and of course, the boys) will get to see you more! They are very excited about that...
You know you are in our prayers. Nate is an incredibly good man.
Hope all your finals go well.
You can be assured that both you and Nate will be on my mind and in my prayers. I love that you are sporting such a positive attitude. That has to make things a billion times better for Nate. You know you are welcome here for coffee, sun and swim, a place to hang out and chat or pray hard absolutely anytime you need it.
wow bernita we were posting at the exact same time! how cool is that!
I'll be praying for you. I can't imagine how hard it will be to be apart from each other for an entire year! It's a comfort to know that you have Christ to draw your strength from! I'll be praying for Nate's safety too.
Oh...and don't stop blogging!!!
Terah,
I will be thinking and praying for you. I know what it is like to have a loved one gone. My dad was deployed for a year when I was a fifth grader. You will miss him but will make it through. Matt and I love you both.
Andi
Post a Comment