5.31.2007

Pictures of My Hero

I finally have a couple of pictures to share. This is Nate sleeping on a transport aircraft that was taking him somewhere inside Iraq. Nate was trying to write in his journal, when his body decided to catch up on some much needed sleep. Notice the guy next to him, sleeping soundly with that big gun slung across his lap. I think that would make me nervous! I just got off the phone with Nate and he is doing well. His new boss arrived last week, so things have been extra busy lately. Hopefully things will normalize in the coming weeks, but this is Iraq we're talking about so I'm not counting on it.

Here is a picture of Nate in a helicopter being taken somewhere...I can't remember which trip this was, and he can't tell me half of what he does anyway. We've been able to talk a lot still, and we both thank God for that. It is the highlight of our day each day and makes things so much easier. God bless all of those Marine wives - they deserve our thanks. They are the really tough ones. Please keep the prayers coming for Nate's safety. He also wanted me to ask people to pray that he will be able to make it on 4-5 hours of sleep a night without getting sick. He's been on the verge for a week or so. Please pray that he will have ample energy to do his job well. I think I'll have more pictures coming soon. Until then....
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kara said...

for some reason the pictures just hit me hard...the reality of everything. I guess I didn't expect to see him in full camo and gear.
We will begin praying for his health and stamina.
I am so glad yall get to talk daily and I hope that continues

Kate said...

Terah,

I'll be praying for Nate's safety, energy, and strength. And for you to have peace during this time as well. It was good to see you in Abilene.

Candy said...

Wow. These pictures really do make it real. They say a picture says a thousand words. So true. I will be praying for Nate's requests also. Can't wait to see you again - soon, I hope.

Staci said...

The pictures do make it real! We're praying for him and you!