More than seven weeks have passed since Nate left for Iraq, and it has just flown by! I have spend the past three weeks in Texas, where I finish
ed my last class in law school and hung out with my family a lot. Last weekend, I decided at the last minute to go to a John Mayer concert in Dallas with most of my siblings (Landon was in Oregon with Whitney's family and Kara was at home withe my sweet nephews). We had a great time at the concert, and then made the late night drive from Dallas to Abilene. Reminded me of the many times I made that post-concert drive in college. Great memories, but I have to say that I had a better time at this concert with my bros and sisters than I ever did in college. They are my best friends. What a blessing to have such amazing family!
Now I'm back in Phoenix enjoying the hot, hot desert summer! I'm working from home for a lawyer in West Texas. I'm liking the work so far, and LOVE the flexibility it allows, and I have some future plans up my sleeve, so stay tuned! My sister Shelley is coming to visit in a week or so and I can't wait to hang out with her! Yesterday, my parents, along with Gini, Cori, and Heather left for Zimbabwe, Africa. Please pray for their safety, and for energy. There is so much work to be done there.
I wish I could say more about what Nate is doing. Unfortunately he can't really tell me all that much. He is doing very well and loving his job, which he says is fascinating. He's still working long hours, but is not overwhelmed as he was in the beginning. He loves getting to take little trips outside the IZ. I can tell those are the highlight of his time there. I'll leave you with a few photos he has sent.
This is Nate shopping for my anniversary gift, which I love by the way!
4 comments:
im glad you were able to go to the concert!
i don't like seeing nate in front of tanks...but it does make a cool picture.
I can't believe he's been gone for 7 weeks. That really surprised me. I cannot wait to hear what's up. Keep us posted. love you.
I'm glad the time is flying by for you! I can't wait to hear what your plans are!
Hey girl! Thanks for the update. So glad that the time is flying by...can't wait to hear about the plans up your sleeve. :) I'm praying for you and Nate big time...I know God is holding you both up and giving you strength to get thru all of this. Love you girl...
Post a Comment