Today it finally feels like fall. It's 10:00 in the morning, and the mercury hasn't risen above the 70 mark! There's a cool breeze so I have all the windows open as I sit here and study. A few minutes ago, I began to hear rain falling softly on our patio. It's just a few drops, but it's enough to bring that earthy smell of rain. Rain always makes me think of Tyler. He loved the rain...no...he LOVES the rain. He still does I suppose. Every time it rains, I imagine Tyler up there asking God to send rain to us. I think rain probably reminds us all of TY. Part of me thinks every time it rains that it's Tyler asking God to remind us that he is still showering blessings on us, that out of our dried up grieving souls God is making new life in us. I imagine that God is telling me that my parched soul will continue to be quenched by his love, and the new blessings that he brings. I imagine that, for Tyler, rain would have been a reminder that the heart of life is good. And, if I remember Ty for who he really was, I have to admit that a small part of me laughs and thinks that he's probably up there getting God to send rain so we won't forget how amazing he was, hoping that maybe someday, someone will write a book about him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a sweet reminder!
P.S. I love your new blog look!
Sweet thoughts about your brother! Hope you enjoy your fall weather and rain while it lasts! I also love the new blog look!
Haha...I think their is probably truth to both reminders. :)
Good thoughts and reminders of Tyler. I love it when you share these insights about him. And yes! Cool new look!
Post a Comment